Spring Registration is open!
Our spring lottery has been held. You should have received an email with your assignment--all students who registered before the lottery received a spot at one of our sites. If you did not receive the email, check you junkmail. You can also log into your account to see your assignment. Expect a follow up email three days before the first session with Zoom link information. If you have not registered yet for spring, you can still join! Remaining spots are first come, first serve. Create an account or log in to the account you've already created and sign up. It should take at most 5 minutes!
Our spring programs will again be held online. You might also want to sign up for our monthly email newsletter to make sure you don't miss any announcements. Dates for spring sessions can be found on our Locations Page.
All required and optional forms for participating in MC2 can be found here. New students have four forms they must complete to participate. Note: If you have turned in your forms previously, you do NOT need to turn them in agan. Also, CPS students in 5th-8th grade can complete a form that gives MC2 acccess to your test scores and math grades--this is optional, but it helps us evaluate our program and report to our sponsors, and is thus greatly appreciated (and we need you to complete the CPS form every year).
You can sign up for the lottery for our one-week summer camps here starting on May 1st. See more information about dates and times on our Summer webpage.
GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Students can register here for math circles within seven communities: Back of the Yards, Bridgeport, Little Village, Morgan Park, North Center, Old Town, and the University of Chicago. Each of these circles has different age ranges and meeting dates. Please go to our Locations Page to see which grade levels, dates, times, and locations best fit you. If you are new to MC2, we also recommend our FAQ page, which can help you determine which program level to choose.
Returning students with good attendance from the previous quarter are automatically given spots in our programs if they complete their registration prior to the priority deadline/lottery run. Other students enter a lottery and are in a pool, with priority given to public school students in Chicago, but open to all 5th to 12th graders in Illinois. After the priority deadline any student can enroll for their session of interest until 4 days before the second session of the quarter. This is on a first come, first serve basis while space is available.
Join our mailing list to be sure to receive announcements about registration, meeting dates for sessions, and more! If you are new to math circles, you should also go ahead and create an account (see below). All Math Circles of Chicago sessions are free!
- Before you can register for a session, you must create an account. Choose log in below and follow the instructions.
- Creating an account does NOT mean you have registered! Once your account is activated you must use the system at the bottom of this page to sign up for a session.
- During the registration window you will be able to enter a lottery for any locations you are willing to attend, ordering them by preference. You get in automatically get into your session if there are fewer applicants then spots available. Otherwise we look at your 2nd choice, 3rd choice, etc.
- You will be notified of admission on our lottery day.
- If you are admitted to a session you will receive email notification the week prior to the start of the session with details about your site.
Tips for account creation
- The student email address can NOT be the same as the parent address. You can leave the student email address blank.
- Chances are 99% that your school is already on our school list. if you begin to type any part of your school's name it should appear in the drop down list.
- Even if your child is in middle school, you must include their high school graduation year! For fall 2020:
- 5th graders will graduate from high school in 2028
- 6th graders will graduate from high school in 2027
- 7th graders will graduate from high school in 2026
- 8th graders will graduate from high school in 2025
CHOOSING YOUR SESSION
- 5th and 6th Graders should sign up for Haynes-5/6.
- 8th graders, particularly those not currently in a high school Algebra 1 course, and all 7th graders should sign up for Brahmagupta-7/8.
- 8th graders and above enrolled in an Algebra 1 or Geometry course should sign up for Cantor-A1/G
- Students in 10th grade or above who have completed a Geometry course should sign up for Kovalevsky-A2/PC. Such students are also welcome to enroll in Cantor if they are new to math circles.
- Students who have completed two years in Kovalevsky-A2/PC should sign up for Euler. We know some younger students are interested in participating in Euler because they are doing advanced course work at school--feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to and tell us about yourself, and we can have a conversation about whether Euler is the appropriate choice for you.