Yesterday we raised over $21,000 through your 170 gifts. For those who like to look at the numbers, we were 6th in the state in the number of donors and 15th in funds raised, which shows the commitment and passion of our community!
But what’s much more important is what this money enables us to do:
- On our first day of winter registration (aka “Registering Tuesday”), 300 kids signed up. We’ll double this number by January. This funding keeps the doors open.
- We can look to the future with confidence. We plan on opening an 8th site. We want to add a 2nd summer site. These funds will allow us to expand with confidence.
- More than 100 kids are coming to our Math Symposium, QED, this Saturday. The quality of the original mathematics produced for QED is amazing. You support this outlet for our future mathematicians, scientists, and engineers.
- We’ll start to add more infrastructure–from half an employee now to 1.5 over the next year (those feeling that these numbers should be integers, and, really, natural numbers, try not to worry about it). This infrastructure will help us maintain the high quality experience we offer in all of our programs.
- We can continue to say yes to partner organizations like Chicago Hopes for Kids, sending our teachers to work with kids in homeless and domestic violence shelters.
Your gifts make the difference. Thank you!
PS More and more people are using employer matching gifts to maximize their donation. If you think you might be able to get a match for what you gave, our EIN is 45-2071512.
PPS If you didn’t get a chance yesterday to give but would still like to, this link works! And, math circle families, don’t forget to re-register by 12/13 for re-enrollment or to maximize your chances in the lottery!