I am happy to announce that Math Circles of Chicago will be holding a camp this summer! Middle schoolers can join us either the week of July 10th or July 17th. Thanks to the generosity of the CME Group Foundation, the camp will be free!
- We will hold week long sessions from 7/10 to 7/14 and from 7/17 to 7/21. Each session will be the same, so you can only attend one of the weeks. Sessions will run each day from 9:00AM to noon at Payton Prep, 1034 N. Wells.
- Each week we will have two groups of students:
- Haynes for current 4th and 5th graders (i.e rising 5th and 6th graders)
- Brahmagupta for 6th and 7th graders (i.e. rising 7th and 8th graders)
- Use our registration page to sign up (students new to math circles will need to create an account first). Every applicant will enter a lottery. The lottery will be run on May 15th and we hope to notify families of admissions decisions on May 16th.
- You can enter the lottery for both weeks, but you will only be admitted to at most one one of the two weeks!
- Expect the usual math circle experience–fun math, meet kids from all over the city, work in groups, great teachers. 🙂
Questions? Write firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CME Group Foundation has been doubly generous in also supporting a camp we are co-leading with our colleagues at Mujeres Latinas en Accion. MLeA has recruited 32 high schoolers from the Pilsen neighborhood who will spend 8 weeks doing math and coding!